Welcome to episode 030 of the Green & Healthy Places podcast in which we explore the themes of sustainability and wellbeing in real estate, workplaces and hospitality today. This time we're in Boston, USA to talk to Nick Patel, CEO of Wellable employee wellness. We discuss how Wellable are aiming to be the Netflix of wellness content, how existing trends in workplace wellbeing have simply been accelerated by COVID, how mental health at work has become less taboo than ever before, his views on healthy building certifications as a communications tool for brands that care about employee wellbeing and his thoughts on the role technology, culture and physical spaces play in creating a truly healthy workplace experience.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR CONVERSATION
- Being healthy to the earth often equates to being healthy to yourself
- Companies are starting to invest in community health initiatives, so not just helping their employees who are living in those communities, but helping all local citizens
- There's a shift happening from ROI, return on investment, to VOI value on investment
- Healthy people are typically still very active and alert in productivity terms at 4pm
- No one ever asked us to create content on the health benefits of gratitude, the health benefits of finding purpose in your life, or the science of happiness, but we did it!
GUEST / NICK PATEL, CEO
HOST / MATT MORLEY